Repairing existing zipper
Due to frequent use, the zipper gradually becomes ineffective, unable to play the function of pulling and opening.
The zipper master first taught us to find out the reasons why the zippers cannot be operated, and then repair them.
It turns out that the flat part at the top of the zipper head is called the "top plate", and the corresponding bottom is the "bottom plate". Due to frequent use, the gap between the "top plate" and the "bottom plate" gradually increases, so that when the zipper is pulled, the tracks of the left and right zipper cannot be tightly engaged.
The zipper track is composed of dozens of teeth-like things, and each tooth contains two elements: "hook" and "hollow". When the zipper puller is pulled, each "hook" on the track is locked in the "hollow" on the opposite track, and the two sides are bonded together. However, if it is flawed, the job cannot be completed.
After knowing the problem, how can we solve this problem now?
1. Hold the vise and gently clamp it between the top plate and the bottom plate of the zipper head to make it smaller and closer, both left and right. Press lightly, not too hard at a time, if you clamp it too tightly, it won't move. After pressing, pull again to see if it still does not work, continue pressing and repeat the test until it works.
2. Pull the zipper pull to the other end again, until you see that the tracks on both sides are completely fitted after pulling it, and you are done.
Replace with plastic zipper Pull replacement
Nowadays, the prices of leather bags and handbags are not cheap, especially the design bags are often expensive. The beloved leather bag can be used for a long time when used frequently and properly maintained, and still maintains an overall good condition. But one day, unfortunately, I find that the zipper is broken.
Check that the zipper is broken because the zipper head is broken into two halves, and it really cannot be used anymore. This situation is really troublesome. Without the zipper, the contents of the leather bag are easy to fall out, which is not safe, and it looks indecent, sloppy, and even tattered.
Now the expert teaches you to use a commercially available plastic zipper puller, which can be quickly replaced in less than 1 minute.
1. Open the plastic zipper puller by hand (don't use too much force, just apply a little force).
2. Put the opened plastic zipper head into the zipper.
3. Move to the end of the zipper, push the two zipper tracks into the zipper head, and then press the plastic zipper head firmly.
4. Pull the zipper head to the other end again to see if the zipper on both sides is completely fit. If it is, it's done.
This trick worked, and it was fixed in less than 1 minute. In addition to repairing leather bags, repairing zippers on clothes or pants is equally effective.
2 tips for zipper problems
●What should I do if the zippers of pants keep sliding down?
Find a key ring, put it on the zipper handle, and when you pull it up, hook the key ring to the button of the trousers.
●What should I do if the zipper card is not smooth or cannot be pulled up?
After applying wax wax on the zipper on both sides, it can be pulled up smoothly.